Post #1: Hello

I don't think this will gain any traction in the outside world, but I figured "what the fuck." I found keto on youtube the week before thanksgiving in 2017. I was at one of my highest weights, 204 lbs. I've struggled with my weight since puberty and have yo-yo'd between 185 and 200 pretty regularly. As a sophomore in college I dropped to my lowest weight, 160, and have always made it my goal to at least get back to that point when I was "skinny." Long story short, that didn't last too long. Anyways, I was horrendously unhappy and looking for easy diets on youtube when I stumbled across some keto meal prep video. I could really lose weight eating cheeseburgers and bacon? I was obviously skeptical as fuck, but decided to dive in and just totally go for it. I immediately had visible results and lost 15 pounds in less than a month. I hadn't seen a number under 190 in some time so I was really pleased with myself. I was worried about losing the weight so quickly because, in my weight loss experience, I would always gain it back plus an additional 10. For some reason though, by staying keto for most of the year, I did not really gain any of the weight back. I had successfully kept the weight off.

Like most overweight girls I made a 2019 resolution to lose even more weight. I kept to strict keto and was working out regularly. It was not without reward and I had lost more weight, coming to 170ish by March. Then, a whirlwind at work, I was suddenly promoted and under the worst stress I had ever been in. I lost an initial 5 pounds from stress and was a complete disaster. Once I regained my composure I immediately gained the weight back but was always staying under 175. I was pretty happy with this weight but knew I wanted to lose more. Then came the fall and holidays and I was eating and drinking my way back to 187 pounds on Christmas. I was so disappointed in myself because I knew I had made all of the wrong choices. I decided that I'd had enough and that I needed to fully commit myself to this lifestyle.

I've manged to get back down to 174 and started incorporating weight lifting into my exercise regime in addition to ice skating lessons. My hope is that this blog, which will be seen by no one, will keep me accountable. I'm looking forward to this chapter in my life and finally getting to the goal weight I've always wanted.

Comments

Post a Comment